I was going to use “The Plus Side of being Plus-Sized” for the headline of this article, but when I
googled it did some research I found that “The average Australian dress size sits somewhere between a fourteen and a sixteen.”
That means I’m actually average – awesome!
Yes, I can hear the cogs of your brains working over-time and wondering why I wouldn’t rather be a 10 or 12 than a 14 or 16 – well my friends here’s the answer:
Please note: For the remainder of the article I will be referring to Above-Average-Sized Girls as AAGs and Below-Average-Sized Girls as BAGs. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against BAGs, it is just easier than typing out the whole thing. You see, as well as being a little bit fat, I’m also a little bit lazy – hence why I am not a BAG.
So without further ado, here are the reasons why is it Awesome Being Average:
• You are well-liked. The reason being is that the AAGs aren’t jealous of you and the BAGs are not threatened by you.
• You can shop anywhere. You are still small enough to fit clothes in normal (I hate that word!) shops and big enough to browse the Plus-Sized stores if you fancy.
• You can visit Maccas worry-free. You can happily eat a Big Mac without getting the “Do you think you really NEED that love?” look that the AAGs have to contend with or the “You don’t belong here” look that the BAGs get.
• You don’t have to feel self-conscious when exercising. When I’m exercising I generally am greeted with smiles by people who I assume are thinking something along the lines of “You go girl, soon you will fit those jeans.” Rather than the awful “Don’t you think you’ve left you’re run a bit late” looks I have seen dished out to the AAGs and the “God, would you just stop and have a cheeseburger already” looks that the BAGs have to contend with sometimes.
• It is pleasant visiting the doctor. Being an average size means you don’t get lectured every time you visit the doctor about losing weight – Hallelujah!
I am not so naive to think that I don’t need to lose a few kilos here or there, but I am certainly not going to stress myself silly over it and as long as I am above average in the happiness side of things I am more than happy being average in terms of size – actually it’s AWESOME!
6 thoughts on “It’s Awesome Being Average”
I wonder what the average size for men is. I would assume in the waist it would have to be large as when Target has 30% off underwear all the large goes on the first day before lunchtime.
But I digress. There needs to be a better word for average than average. Average makes you sound, well, average. Judging from your blog, I think you’re somewhat greater than that.
Wow, thanks for your comment – it’s made my day 🙂
if the sizes you mentioned apply to America, then I’m average too! sounds like I’m in good company! :o)
Good company indeed Darcy! Thanks for your comment
My wrists are of average size I’m sure, but certain other measurements might stray beyond that comforting zone. Very amusing post. I’ve followed you, so hopefully I will get a few more laughs
Glad you enjoyed it!